Center for Public Safety Management (CPSM) management director Thomas Wieczorek will lead a webinar for the International City/County Management Association (ICMA) on December 11, 2019. Titled “Asking Police Chiefs the Right Questions to Make Data-Driven Decisions,” the webinar busts some common myths about police metrics. Because police and fire departments represent a large portion of…
Tag Archives | webinar
This ICMA University Online Classroom webinar provides tools to help make informed policy decisions by knowing what to ask of your police departments.
How many police officers do you really need? How well is your police department performing? Are “officers per 1,000” and “number of calls” really meaningful measures?
Join public safety expert, Tom Wieczorek, as he addresses these questions and more. Participants will gain insight into data that will help you rethink the workforce allocation of your police department.
This session will cover how to:
– Understand the difference between “calls for service” and “workload”
– Quantify workloads in police departments by seasonal and weekday variables and identify whether personnel are allocated correctly
– Get the metrics you need from police departments to make staffing decisions
– Learn alternative strategies for handling calls for service
– Establish goals and priorities and know what you need to analyze
– Set measurable goals, identify performance problems, and apply strategies to follow the path of continuous improvement
Tom Wieczorek, director, Center for Public Safety Management
CPSM Director Thomas Wieczorek will host three presentations to provide the basics on emergency management response and crisis leadership under ICMA’s Local Government Leadership 201 Course.
CPSM Principal and co-founder Leonard Matarese is scheduled to host a webinar with Rhett Cady and Sara McFann on Thursday, May 31 at 1 PM (EDT).
Titled “Asking Police Chiefs the Right Questions to Make Data-Driven Decisions,” the presentation was geared towards helping local government managers in partnering with their police departments.
In the ICMA webinar “Making Good Data-Driven Decisions by Asking Your Police Chief the Right Questions,” Leonard Matarese busts some common myths about police metrics.